EVENT (End Violence Empower Native Tradition)
If you are in immediate fear for your life or the life of a loved one, call 911 right now!
The purpose of EVENT is for OKCIC to develop a domestic violence program which allows it to become a resource of domestic violence awareness, education, advocacy, and responsive services for American Indians in central Oklahoma.
- Healthy Relationships
- Parenting Classes
- Domestic Violence Screenings
- Crisis Intervention
- Bullying Prevention
- Self-Esteem Building
- Mentoring Services
- Domestic Violence Education
Designed to empower youth, ages 8-17, to make positive life choices and give them hope for a brighter future.
Services will include:
- One-on-one time with client on a weekly basis
- Interaction in community settings to improve social skills and communication with others
- Improve parent/child relationships
- Increase self-esteem
- Reduce acting out behaviors displayed in the home, school and community
- Receive education on anger management, substance abuse, suicide prevention and bullying
- Mentor will work closely with parents, teachers and other community leaders to ensure success of client
Contacts for EVENT Program:
DVPI Coordinator, (405) 948-4900 Ext. 420
Prevention Activity Specialist, (405) 948-4900 Ext. 656
Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)